This Christmas we’re participating in the Inner City Helping Homeless (ICHH) Shoe Box Appeal. ICHH is a locally-run charity that works to eliminate homelessness in Dublin city, undertaking small food drives and distributing food and clothing parcels to those in need across the city.
As part of its Shoe Box Appeal, ICHH seeks to distribute food, clothes, toiletries and gifts to individuals and families sleeping rough across Dublin. For recipients, these shoe boxes provide a much-needed source of comfort at a particularly difficult time of year.
If you would like to get involved, here is some information on how you can help:
Get a shoe box or gift bag, mark it “male” or “female”, or if its for a child mark it “girl” or “boy” with the relevant age (eg 4-6, 6-8, 8-10)
Fill it with any of the following:
• Warm clothing including hats, gloves and scarves.
• Toiletries eg toothpaste, toothbrush, roll-on deodorant, soap and shower gel
• Non-perishable foods eg chocolate, sweets and cereal bars
• Christmas cards and gift vouchers
(No aerosols, perfumes, aftershaves, mouthwash or hand sanitisers)
2. On Thursday 30th of November, bring your Shoe Box or Gift Bag to the Christmas Tree in the Old Student Centre (Beside the SU) between 11am and 3pm.
All donations, big or small, are welcome and will go toward making this Christmas season a little bit easier for those sleeping rough across the city. If you are struggling to fill a box or bag, feel free to deliver any of the above gifts on their own. Alternatively, we encourage you to pair up with friends or family and fill up a box together.
Thank you. ❤️