This Event already finished.
Our annual fundraising week! Many activites and events planned for the week with the goal of raising much needed funds for Charity!
- Our first event of a very busy week! We will be putting together a small collection of UCD Medical Society Merchandise (hoodies, hats, tshirts) to sell throughout the week, all proceeds will go towards our Med Week total.
- Continuing on from the success of last year’s Charity fun run, we’ve brought it back! All proceeds will go towards our Med Week total.
- Our annual charity pub quiz sees teams from all years come together for the chance to win some fantastic prizes and raise money for charity. Entry fees for this event go towards the Med Week total.
- Back for one day only, our semester 1 fitness to practice event will be taking place over one day. A chance for different year groups to compete against each other and raise money for charity. Student groups will be given a list of activities (eg. feed ducks, running, cycling, swimming in the sea etc.) that need to be completed within 12 hours of being published. We hope this event will create some fierce competition among participants.
- Like last year, we have decided to run the charities talk between class times to ensure maximum turnout for the talk. This allows our members to gain a greater knowledge of our chosen charity and truly appreciate the cause they are raising money for.
- Normally on Med Day hundreds of medical students descend on the streets of Dublin and Wicklow, shaking buckets on every corner, and at every dart, Luas and bus stop! This year we are going to have to change our plans and move this huge fundraising day online. We are excited to step up to the challenge and hope to raise some much needed funds for our chosen MedWeek charity. Even with Sponsorship from our sponsors Bank of Ireland and the Medical Protection Society we run this day at a huge loss, usually over 5,000 euro. This is to ensure all the money raised during the week goes to charity. The losses this year will come from prizes and t-shirt printing. We plan on setting up a list of challenges for our committee members to complete once we reach specific fundraising goals eg. when we raise 5000 euro our auditor will shave his head! :)