Actuarial & Financial Studies Society
Know what an actuary is? Doesn’t matter – neither do we!
The Actuarial & Financial Society is your one-stop shop for all things social/career-related!
In the first three weeks of the Autum 2020 trimester, we have organised:
- 5-a-Side soccer on the UCD AstroTurf pitches
- Morning swim at Seapoint
- Walk to a café near UCD with complimentary coffee
- Zoom call for first-years ft. a scavenger hunt
- Virtual poker nights
- CV clinics
- Two career events in which employers outlined their internship and graduate opportunities to third-year, fourth-year and MSc students
Next on our agenda:
- Private bus trip to Howth to do the cliff walk (social distancing will be enforced don’t worry)
- Charity table quiz via Zoom
- Women in Insurance & Finance career event
- Run/walk 5km for charity – send us your time to be entered in a draw for prizes!
- Spikeball games on campus
- Collaborate with UCD St Vincent de Paul
Our goal is to provide a fun, inclusive environment for students to meet like-minded individuals. We also act as a bridge between students and employers, giving students an insight into future career paths in insurance, finance and trading and enabling employers to attract the top talent!
If the above activities pique your interest, we would love for you to join us!