Chemical Engineering Society
Welcome to the UCD Chemical Engineering Society, the vibrant community representing Ireland’s oldest chemical engineering course. Whether you’re a chemeng enthusiast or just in it for the free stuff, you’re in for a fantastic journey!
From Limerick to Leeds, sports days to site visits and pubs to pharma talks, ChemEngSoc aims to support its members socially, academically and emotionally (let’s face it, it’s brutal out here).
With help from our exceptional sponsors and exquisite committee members, ChemEngSoc organises events throughout the year for our exceptionally exquisite members. A few events we run yearly include:
- Fresher game night
- Cake-by-the-lake afternoons (we know you’re not in college for a 9am coffee morning)
- Guidance talks for incoming second years
- All-Ireland Chemical Engineering Sports Day (Limerick)
- Christmas Pub Crawl
- Frank Morton International Sports Day (UK)
- ChemEngSoc Annual Table Quiz
- Chemical Engineering Graduate Dinner
- Site visits throughout the year – Wicklow Wolf Brewery, APC Biopharmaceuticals etc.
And many more activities, site visits and career guidance talks!!!
We’re open to all UCD students, not just chemical engineering students!!! No chemistry students though – there is no chemistry here (believe us, we’ve checked).
Don’t miss out on the action – stay tuned for updates, events, and all things ChemEngSoc!!!